Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lessons from the Mat #1

So I don't want to bore myself or anyone else w/ the mundane details of what I'm sure will become the routine of my everyday BUT during the daily lectures, our hilarious and amazing teacher Roshan, voices statements that do nothing but conjure up tons of thoughts.  I’m not going to put too much behind what I think about these statements either because what they mean to me now may be totally different than what they mean to me when I come back to reflect on this time here and what’s important is what it means to me in the now.

I will document the ones from yesterday as well as add the ones from today. J

“We can only give what we have.”
“Whatever you think will manifest.”
“Yoga is to change your behavior starting from within.”
“Stress is not caused by an event, situation or circumstance, it’s caused by the perception of an event, situation or circumstance.”
“We are the creator of our own destiny. If good happens, it’s because of me, if bad happens, it’s because of me.”

Chew on those for awhile and report back… or don’t. ;)

I also feel like Madonna and Britney Spears w these red strings around my left wrist.  Awesome!!

Xxxo,
Sticky, which I guess means, dirty!




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later addition:


Challenge on the mat #1


Be in your own practice YOU!  Don't mind other people and the unpleasant distractions you are making yourself notice.  Grr... BE IN YOUR OWN PRACTICE! =D

4 comments:

  1. love that......"if good happens it's because of me, if bad happens it's because of me." might need to pilfer it.
    miss ya like crazy cakes!!
    Dascena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?! It's still stirring in my head and probably will for, well, awhile. Miss you too like woah!! Send my love to the M/W/F peeps and give T a monster squeeze for me =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these
    “Stress is not caused by an event, situation or circumstance, it’s caused by the perception of an event, situation or circumstance.”
    “We are the creator of our own destiny. If good happens, it’s because of me, if bad happens, it’s because of me.”

    I'm stealing these to think about more!! :)

    ReplyDelete