Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lessons from the Mat #3 - Universe in You

The last week has proven to be, probably, one of the most uneventful weeks of my life, unless you count doing yoga on the roof during a monsoon with my lovely friends.  Last Wednesday I got hit with the India bug, also known ass, peeing out of your ass at a moments notice and sometimes violently barfing.  It’s been so wonderful!  I thought it was all done and over with, I actually managed to attend one yoga class and did a few of my own personal practices but I dunno, maybe it was doing yoga in the midst of highly toxic rain (apparently it’s not safe to expose yourself to the rain the first few weeks of monsoon season since the air in this country is ripe will all sorts of things not right), maybe it was drinking some funky, yet deliciously alcoholic, kombucha or maybe, just maybe, it was deciding a lunch of coffee, valium, cheese naan and this ice cream wonderfulness called “Hello to the Queen” would be a phenomenal idea… oh and top that all with some retarded emotional stress I’m putting myself through.  I think it all was a recipe for disaster.  I can say, I have not felt warm water in the almost 5 weeks I’ve been here but alas, thanks to me visiting the lil ladies room about once every 5 minutes, I found out where the warm water goes - straight to my bidet attached to my toilet!  If I can’t have a hot, or even warm, shower at least my asshole is getting a blast of warm H2O every now and then with the force so strong I’m sure at times I gave myself an enema.  Don’t think I’m above contemplation of capturing some of it to throw on my body during my shower but the thought of getting water from the toilet to douse over my body was a bit too much to stomach.  I mean, I was already retching violently out of both ends, I didn’t want to make it worse.  I'm thankful I don't have a squatter in my bathroom.  I've barely been able to sit up because i'm so weak, can you imagine, my western ass w/ tight calves trying to hover over a hole in the ground on my tip toes 4 times in the middle of the night?  A fall into the unmentionable would've been inevitable.  *shivers at the thought* 

That all being said, I’ve had TONS of time laying in bed, sleeping mostly, or half gazing at my computer w/ half open eyes, but I’ve been thinking a lot too.  I’ve been reflecting on my life, where I’m going next, where I just came from, what I want out of my life, what I’m willing and not willing to sacrifice, the kinds of people I want to surround myself with, how much I could make each year at different price points for my inevitable personal training/yoga instructor future, why does the bidet get the warm water, will I ever stop peeing out of my ass?  You know… all really deep thoughts. J  It seemed a perfect time to compile the 3rd installment of “Lessons from the Mat” although, not all were from the mat.  The bathroom is a place for deep contemplation too, right?

Lessons from the Mat #3
  • There is no one God to judge us in the end.  In our true self, our consciousness, we are all God.
  • You will never know the “you” that you think I am but you have always known the “you” that I am…
  • To love yourself is not to change your body, it’s to change your mind.
  • The whole universe exists within you.  Ask all from yourself – Rumi


Chew on those for a little while…

Xxxo
Skeletor… I mean, Dirty ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got something very similar to what I got in Egypt....most terrible ill I've ever felt.... if you can get ahold of some Cipro its what saved me!! It took the peeing out the ass down from every few moments to hours apart, and then finally it stopped after about 48 hours on the Cipro (luckily some folks I was traveling with had some)

    I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete