Thursday, February 24, 2011

Howizit??

I've been in Maui for the past few days, relaxing, still decompressing from Lesotho (this is MUCH harder this time than any other trip I've taken) and I'm happy to be here with 3 of my very dear friends but I have to say the highlight has been constant calls from my friends from afar in Lesotho.  Hearing Bokong's voice on the phone Sunday as I squealed "BOKOOOONG" and he replied in his adorable tone, "JEEEEEEESSSS!  Howizit?!" made me so happy.

I'm working on 2 final posts before I sign off until I head to India in June.  One is my reflections on the Lesotho trip as a whole and it's not short and I've been trying to compile it as I've been able to grasp it's impacts.  The other one will be a showcase of everyone who's touched my heart and been apart of the experience, complete with PICTURES!  Yes, I actually uploaded all my pics to come computer in reasonable time, thanks to jet lag and waking at the ungodly hours of 2am and 3am the first few nights I was back.

I will say, it's very apparent I'm not suited to a life of normalcy right now and my friends have already voiced they are preparing for me to never return, more so than I am but I can't say they aren't smart to do so.  I don't know what life holds for me right now but I know it's nothing like what I've done.  This prospect was terrifying and has been for some time but the more time passes, the more I'm not only excited but totally moving through life with open arms ready to accept whatever my destiny is and I'm not going to fight it.

No comments:

Post a Comment