Thursday, January 27, 2011

Are those...

..."white people on the road??"
..."the circumcision boys??
"Rome!  Horse Rome... HORSE!" - while driving on the "highway" from Maseru to Bela-Bela
"Donkey on the loose!" - while standing there w/ Daddy, debating how to replace one of the entry gates/
"Is that a spray bottle... of HOLY WATER???"
"That caterpillar bit me and I think it has claws!"

This is just a sampling of things one would say ONLY in Africa :)  There are more but these were the memorable ones that made it to mine and Isabel's list.

Good byes are the most difficult things I have ever done, whether it be a death of a friend, letting someone go who I love deeply, or departing from a place I've considered home, even if only for a short time... they suck MAJOR ASS HOLE!  Speaking of major ass hole - Bananagrams sex theme is AWESOME and the only way I'll play it.  If I don't end a game crying in laughter, it wasn't worth playing.  So, because of that, I didn't introduce rosemary to that wonderful game but I did teach her to play solitare, in the nuns convent, on my last day because seeing her break down immediately when I see her and her asking, "are you leaving tomorrow??" was just too much.  More on that later but right now...

I've gone from drunk to tipsy to tired after polishing off a bottle and a half of wine with my mom's friend (I know, that used to be just me doing that back in the drinking days) at her house in Capetown and while this adjustment has been really odd and off, a mosquito has been buzzing around my ear for the past hour or so.  Awww... just like my home in Lesotho!  The only difference, Isabel isn't with me, holding her flip flop, ready to splat the next insenct that moves, and the bed I'm in is pretty much heaven on earth.  This is such a drastic change from the past 6 weeks of my life.  Reflection... needed like woah!

- dirty, extra bruised, scabbed and sobbed out

No comments:

Post a Comment